154583Re: pair programming in 3 people team

  • strazhce
    Jul 22, 2010
      Hi, Ilja,

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Ilja Preuß <iljapreuss@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > in the last team I worked on we were three programmers in the end.
      > After some experimentation, we ended up with two open tasks, pair
      > switching every 60 minutes (including a five minute break). Worked
      > very well for us. Personally, I liked switching every 30 minutes even
      > more, but apparently that's not for everyone... ;)

      this seems to me the most acceptable solution for us.
      I don't like the idea of "batman" tasks. We should work only on things, that are the most valuable. That's the reason we don't have automatic deploy yet for one of the systems (the new one). But I already feel the pain, so I expect fixing that very soon, at least one part causing this pain.

      Questions:
      1. What was your exact rotation pattern? Was it agreed forceful rotation - rotate whatever is happening? (I guess it is "yes" - 60 minutes). How did you handle "finishing current idea"?
      2. What about context switching? Did you feel the pain of it?
      3. How did you pick up areas for those 2 tasks? E.g. we are integrating 3 systems, so we may pick tasks from only one system at the same time or from different systems.

      Thanks.
      Oleg
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic