154555Re: [XP] pair programming in 3 people team

  • Curtis Cooley
    Jul 20, 2010
      On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Ilja Preuß <iljapreuss@...>wrote:

      > Personally, I don't like the idea of infrastructure tasks being
      > secondary class citizens. Either a task is worth doing, in which case
      > it's also worth being paired on; or it simply shouldn't be done.
      >
      > Ideally, perhaps.

      > I'm also sceptical of using task boundaries for pair switching. Too
      > much of an invitation to game the system, to me (for example when I
      > just don't feel like pairing).
      >
      > Not sure I see a problem here. If you "just don't feel like pairing"
      perhaps it's best if you don't. If that becomes an on going problem, then
      let's address it. If you "just don't feel like pairing" then I probably
      don't want to pair with you. If you want to go futz around with
      "infrastructure work" all day, just think of how much uninterrupted pair
      time the other two will get.

      Said perhaps a little more harshly, if you have people who will "game the
      system" then you don't have the right people. If there are only three of
      you, and you've all decided to try this XP thing, then I'd think that's
      unlikely.

      ---
      Curtis Cooley
      curtis.cooley@...