154091Re: [XP] Cost of Process Changes?

  • Tim Ottinger
    Jun 10, 2010
      I don't know how to give you this information. Sorry.
      But I do know that you can start changing without it.
      There may have to be some talks about what it means
      and how to back off a bit for a short while. You might
      have to bring in a consultant or coach to give it a
      try.

      Most decisions are not really made on cost. Even
      no-brainer cost/benefit decisions are often overturned
      on gut feel and emotions. See "management rewired"
      for some discussion of brain science and how things
      work. It's not a rational case of cost/bene, but
      whether people feel good about changing.

      So you're not measuring, you're selling.

      Nothing will sell better than a little success.
      The trick is getting a little success or two
      started.

      Strike a match, start a fire.

      Tim Ottinger
      http://agileinaflash.blogspot.com/