154047Re: [XP] Cost of Process Changes?

  • D.André Dhondt
    Jun 6, 2010
      On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Michael Avila <t3hh00d@...> wrote:

      > I'm looking for information regarding the cost of changing process in an
      > organization. I'm more interested in the costs of relatively small
      > changes to the process, but any information would be GREATLY appreciated.

      Disclaimer: I only skimmed your note.... but it seemed related to David
      Anderson's keynote at XP 2010 last week. He said he introduced lean, and
      specifically work-in-progress limits, to monitor the software process
      improvement efforts on his projects. This isn't directly measuring the
      costs of change, but it shows the value of those changes, which ties the
      feedback loops you were looking for, I think. So that means you'd need to
      do a value-stream map, add wip limits, and then start experimenting...

      --
      D. André Dhondt
      mobile: 011 33 671 034 984

      Support low-cost conferences -- http://AgileTour.org/
      Mentor/be mentored for free: the Agile Skills Project
      http://www.AgileSkillsProject.org/