150779Re: [XP] Semler MIT Video

  • George Paci
    Jun 5, 2009
      > We put together a one year budget and we found that all the good things were going to happen in the second half so we said take out the second half and tell me what you would do if you only have six months.
      That's classic Semler. Asking good questions didn't die with that
      hemlock smoothie.

      I actually wonder what kind of process/dialog/analysis he glosses over
      with "and we found that". It would probably be useful, and definitely
      entertaining. Anyway, we end up with a good arrow for the quiver:

      "In this plan, when do the benefits (e.g. realized revenue) happen? Can
      we make some of them happen sooner?"

      Come to think of it, I'm not entirely certain that's not in the existing
      XP literature.

      A related question is, "What if we plan ahead only up to the first Good
      Thing?" This will probably help tease out any stuff that doesn't
      actually help get you there.

      --George <gpaci@...>

      Software consultant with special expertise in
      general purpose GPU (GPGPU) computing
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic