146729Re: [XP] Re: Need advice preparing the waters for XP

  • Steven Gordon
    Dec 4, 2008
      On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Pieter Nagel <pieter@...> wrote:
      > On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 20:26 +0000, banshee858 wrote:
      >
      >> Perhaps a tactic might be to "back off" of Scrum
      >> for now with the trade off (and commitment) of using "real Scrum" on
      >> the next new project?
      >
      > This project is a mature 8 year old system approaching "legacy" status.
      > It is the only project in the company. There is no other project to try
      > out XP on, or none with any value. This project is the company, without
      > it the company will most likely not survive. However, the project
      > started out its first 3 years as an XP project in a relatively pure
      > sense of the word. As such, I don't think this project is ill-suited for
      > returning back home to its XP roots.
      >
      > Things are moving; most stakeholders are keen on XP now. Management and
      > the project sponsor/product visionary perceive the political obstacles
      > to introducing XP as their own problems, too.

      So, they do understand that XP would involve active involvement of the
      business side (including maintaining a prioritized backlog of user
      stories), not just requiring the developers be more disciplined.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic