146716[XP] Re: Need advice preparing the waters for XP

  • banshee858
    Dec 4, 2008

      > > Guess what? If you don't have a prioritized backlog you are not
      > > doing Scrum.
      >
      > Oh, I'm in total agreement. Our PM's claims to the contrary leave me
      > alternatively sad and vexed.

      I am just going to echo the posts other people have mentioned -
      improve your relationship with the PM and build trust.

      I will also bring up something that might not have been raised
      earlier: this project (or series of projects) may not be good
      candidate for Scrum or XP. Pilot projects succeed best when working
      on new development with co-located teams with dedicated people and
      customers\product owners. When an organization has experience and
      success with these techniques, they can rationally apply them to the
      "tough projects". Perhaps a tactic might be to "back off" of Scrum
      for now with the trade off (and commitment) of using "real Scrum" on
      the next new project?

      Carlton
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic