145125Re: [XP] Software Risk - books help request

  • Marco Bizzarri
    Sep 1, 2008
      On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 9:32 PM, Simon Kirk
      <extremeprogramming@...> wrote:
      > David, Marco, thanks for the pointers.
      >
      > Marco: I haven't read the book yet unfortunately. The reviews seemed
      > to indicate:
      >
      > 1. A lack of rigourous mathematical examination of the Risk strategies
      > in the book (personally I think that would be massive overkill)

      Mumble mumble... my days in statistical and probabilistic analysys are
      very far in the past ;),but I felt that the maths was enough for the
      purpose of the book.

      > 2. While the book mentions Agile, it doesn't examine in detail how it
      > mitigates the Risks mentioned in the book.

      I think they are too critics on this topic. The book is less than 200
      hundred pages long, and, it tries to address the problem. If I could
      make a parallel, this is not the GoF for RM.

      > I don't see 1 or 2 as disastrous, but not having read the book yet I
      > don't even know if 1 and 2 are accurate.

      Please share your thoughts with us when you read the book.

      --
      Marco Bizzarri
      http://notenotturne.blogspot.com/
      http://iliveinpisa.blogspot.com/