143398[XP] Re: Extreme Programming Explained (a review)

  • Matt
    Jul 1, 2008

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, George Dinwiddie <lists@...>
      > Matt wrote:
      > > Or the opinion of a very smart but arrogant programmer who doesn't
      > > on software remotely related to business applications.
      > >
      > > Writing drivers and compilers etc for embedded systems probably
      > > you think you are smarter than everyone else. And less social. And
      > > afraid of any change that means you have to learn anything outside
      > > carefully defined realm of knowledge.
      > Matt, I think you have unfairly maligned embedded and tool developers.
      > - George

      You are right. I work with one who happens to be one of the nicest and
      most sociable guys I have ever met. And smart at the same time.

      I certainly didn't mean to over-generalize but that's exactly what I
      did. I should have qualified that by saying that "writing drivers and
      compiles... has made this guy..."

      Thanks for pointing out the error there George.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic