142891Re: Trust in Software Development

  • S M Kripanidhi
    May 29, 2008
      We are sure missing a lot of boats if we as a community (in Agile) do
      not trust one another and keep raising concerns and apprehensions of
      how each one of us can be working at cross-purpose in fooling each
      other and taking the community and industry for a ride.

      If that is true, how are we different in Agile and why do you think
      then Agile can be better than IID in a CMMi environment. Is doing
      Incremental and Iterative Software Development Agile ? You can do IID
      formally under a CMMi or a DOD environment easily.

      We should be able to show case to the world that we are different in
      that we have values in the community that makes us more credible and
      trustworthy to deliver the right value at the right time to our
      customers faster, cheaper and better.

      If we don't do that, we will miss many more boats in the future and if
      it can do that, it would have done that in the past too, many times.

      I have also promised Mark on another forum that I will refrain from
      criticizing CSM and its rationale anymore. So some boats are missing.

      Kripanidhi

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Marty Nelson"
      <noslenytram@...> wrote:

      > --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Kripanidhi S M"
      > <kripanidhi@> wrote:
      >
      > > I am happy you brought this 5th category -Trust in Software and
      > Product
      > > Development and have reminded all the guys in Agile :"Say what you
      > do, do
      > > what you say and Prove it". Looks like the Agile Community is
      > missing the
      > > boat all over again.
      >
      > What were the previous boats we missed?

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic