141663Re: [XP] Prediction, change and the $2.10 game.

  • Brad Stiles
    Apr 1, 2008
      Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      > Hello, John. On Tuesday, April 1, 2008, at 1:11:49 AM, you wrote:
      >> "Aha!", I say, "So I can publish the minutes of your Monday morning
      >> meeting on the web then...."

      >> How do you make people trustworthy?

      >> By trusting them.
      > Or, perhaps, by making them transparent against their wishes? Hmmm?

      Do you find that this approach actually works, or were you making a
      comment about John's implementation of that approach? I ask because
      whenever I've seen this tried, I've generally seen two outcomes. One is
      that it works, sort of, with some major back-pedaling on the whole
      "transparency" front. The other is that people become more adept at
      *appearing* transparent, while actually becoming more opaque.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic