138413Re: Group vote for C unit testing framework

  • James Grenning
    Jan 27, 2008
      We're using CppUTest for embedded C. CppUTest is an evolution of
      CppUnitLite. It is on source forge. It will be doing another release
      of it soon.

      It is easy to set up
      new test cases take only one step (CppUnit requires 3 edits per new
      test case)
      setup and teardown are supported
      the test harness supports a pre and post test plug in.
      - One of the uses is to check for memory leaks.
      - Its also bee used to check that our stubbed mutexes are all
      released by the end of a test
      its being used on a number of different embedded products.
      There is some special customization for symbian
      It is written in C++, but we are using for both C and C++ tests

      If you are doing embedded C you might want to ask your question on the
      AgileEmbedded group.

      James

      ----------------------
      James Grenning
      www.renaissancesoftware.net
      cell: 847-630-0998

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo Garcia"
      <hugo.a.garcia@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > C doesn't seem to have a "standard" library for unit testing like
      > other languages.
      >
      > Which framework do you use?
      >
      > If you are a framework author/contributor then please compare and
      > contrast if the other frameworks.
      >
      > Thank You in advance.
      >
      > -H

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic