136257Re: [XP] Agile Architecture - Follow-Up

  • Steven Gordon
    Nov 1, 2007
      I cannot confirm or dispute what constitutes architecture to various
      specializations or aspects of development.

      My take on what would make any of them agile is to avoid prematurely
      committing to any solution for any architectural problem any sooner
      than absolutely necessary by:
      - doing whatever constitutes architecture during the implementation of
      a thin, representative slice of the system,
      - getting concrete feedback (testing and interaction with stakeholders),
      - reflecting on what worked and what did not work,
      - taking into account everything that was learned, repair and then
      repeat on the next thin slice of the system (until the entire system
      is satisfactorily done).

      Steven Gordon

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic