133967Re: [XP] Blog post for discussion

  • Ilja Preuss
    Aug 4, 2007
      Hi Joe!

      > I don't know how to
      > help someone else see past their own imprinting, except to make them
      > aware it's happening, then wait.

      Without having read the blog entry, it seems to me that the analogy is
      too simplistic to be helpful in this regard. There are a lot of
      potential reasons to not try something new, and if we understand which
      ones apply, we might be in a better position to decide what to do about it.

      Some reasons might include:

      - I feel that I can't afford to have my effectiveness reduced even for a
      short moment, which trying a new tool certainly will,

      - my learning capacity is limited, and there are other things that look
      more intersting to me,

      - using the current tool is just fine, and I don't feel like I need
      something better,

      - my experience with this kind of tools in the past hasn't been good,

      - people I trust don't use those tools, either,

      - etc. pp.

      I'm sure you can come up with more.

      Regards, Ilja
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic