133935Re: [XP] Agile Dojo

  • Michael Spayd
    Aug 2, 2007
      Hi All,

      Hey, this has become a really cool chain :-). Thanks so much for all your
      answers. I have only had time to thoroughly read the first few, then skimmed
      the rest (sorry for being a bad thread host).

      This is very valuable to me and I will comb it for more juice later. For
      now, I am grateful for your help.

      I will have further questions or kudos when I get a change to digest it
      (probably next week)

      Bonne Weekende, toute le monde,

      On 8/2/07, Arnaud Bailly <abailly@...> wrote:
      > Robert Biddle <Robert_Biddle@... <Robert_Biddle%40Carleton.Ca>>
      > writes:
      > > Ron Jeffries wrote:
      > >
      > > > I am no expert in martial arts, but here is my report. My point
      > > > isn't to change your mind, which I expect not to be possible, but to
      > > > offer a different viewpoint. My martial art is T'ai Chi,
      > >
      > > I read Ron's message and have a similar story to report. My marital
      > > art was called "Salsa", and we practiced in a place called a
      > > "Studio". We met the same time every week, and our teacher helped us
      > > learn new skills and practice them. We also began with a ritual,
      > > whereby we all admired each others clothes and fitness.
      > >
      > Mine is called "Tango" and the location name in use is a "Practice". :-)
      > >
      > > So I agree with Ron that this was an excellent way to learn. Many of
      > > us met at organisations were we were encouraged to practice our
      > > techniques. Some later established partnerships based on this marital
      > ^^^^^^^
      > Interesting semantic collision ;-)
      > So according to your/our examples, here is what defines a dojo:
      > 1. a teacher, someone that can teach me new skills, correct me if I'm
      > wrong
      > 2. a place, where I can practice those newly taught skills and
      > congregate with ...
      > 3. people, like me, from which I can also learn and with which I can
      > interact, with ...
      > 4. good will and respect.
      > Regards,
      > --
      > OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
      > Arnaud Bailly, Dr.
      > \web> http://www.oqube.com

      Michael K. Spayd
      Cogility Consulting Solutions, LLC
      "Business Mind, Social Heart"

      "Leading Agile Enterprise Transformations"