133930RE: [XP] Agile Dojo

  • Charlie Poole
    Aug 2, 2007
      Hi Ron,

      > Now I don't feel strongly one way or another about the "Dojo"
      > designation, which I take to be roughly equivalent to "Gym"
      > (in the USA sense anyway), or "Classroom". What I do feel
      > strongly about is that there is value to having a place of
      > learning, where we set our minds to be open and to experience
      > what is being offered. When I'm faced with some culturally
      > foreign situation, I try to drop my automatic defenses and
      > let the thing happen. Sometimes I succeed with that, and
      > usually everything turns out just fine.

      Nicely put. I have that goal for myself as well, and sometimes
      I even achieve it. OTOH, if I'm trying to communicate and my
      choice of language fails to connect with other folks, I find
      it's usually more useful for me to adapt my language rather
      than trying to stretch their level of acceptance. Of course,
      the latter would be more convenient for me... if it worked...

      I think it's good for programs and people to be generous in the
      variations of input they will accept while putting fewer demands
      on the generosity of those who must process their output.

      Charlie

      Charlie

      > Regards,
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > If another does not intend offense, it is wrong for me to
      > seek it; if another does indeed intend offense, it is foolish
      > for me to permit it.
      > -- Kelly Easterley

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic