133900Blog post for discussion

  • Adrian Mowat
    Aug 1, 2007
      Hi all,

      I just read this article on a blog I subscribe to and I think it might
      interest this group...

      In summary, if has been found that animals "imprint on the first creature
      they see shortly after birth" and the author of the post argues that
      developers have a similar reaction to trying new tools. The example used is
      that we might be reluctant to try a new IDE because we are used to the one
      we have always used and are still trying to maximise our productivity using
      it.

      I believe we often see a similar effect when trying to get an organisation
      to try new Agile ideas - no matter how hard we work to explain the benefits.

      Thoughts?

      Cheers

      Adrian