128302[ANN:] XPSD's 5th Anniversary Bash - Thu May 3rd 6pm

  • Clarke, June
    May 1, 2007
      eXtreme Programming San Diego is five years old this month! We will be
      celebrating in style in the top floor conference room at SAIC on Campus
      Point Drive - http://xpsd.org/SAICDirections - this Thursday from 6-7:30

      Carlton and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who
      have enabled us to keep XPSD running for this long; speakers, helpers,
      associated local user groups and our members. We will be proving our
      appreciation with cake, drinks and book giveaways this months meeting.

      To mark the occasion, we will be hosting a discussion panel who will
      give a retrospective on how XP has changed and developed over the last
      five years. Some of the topics we will cover are: how XP has evolved to
      meet the needs of enterprise software, the key practices to use during
      an XP transition, what tools have appeared to augment the value of XP
      and much else besides.

      Our three selected panelists are eXtreme Programming experts with a wide
      range of backgrounds: Erik Meade has been heavily involved in the XP
      community since its inception; Dan Gilkerson brings the perspective of a
      maverick programmer who is a proponent of XP tools; and Paul Hodgetts is
      a professional agile consultant who has been in the business since
      before XP took hold.

      Please join us in celebrating the widening adoption of eXtreme
      Programming, and the energy of our San Diego XP community.

      Erik G. H. Meade has programmed in Java since 1996. He started coaching
      XP in 2000 for Object Mentor, including Sabre's and Morgan Stanley Dean
      Witter's multiple XP team transitions. He has coached at several XP
      Immersions, presents to professional groups and conferences and is the
      founder of the award winning website http://www.JUnit.org.

      Dan Gilkerson has been programming most of his life and works on
      numerous projects, one of which is VersionOne:

      Paul Hodgetts helps teams improve their software development processes
      using lean and agile approaches. As the founder and CEO of Agile Logic
      (http://www.AgileLogic.com), he has served as a trainer, coach and
      mentor for agile development teams for more than seven years. Paul is a
      recognized expert and authority in Lean Software Development and agile
      development principles, practices and leading agile processes, including
      Scrum and Extreme Programming. Paul is a published author and a frequent
      and popular presenter at conferences, professional organizations and
      user groups.

      The meeting will be held at SAIC on Campus Point Dr. (
      http://xpsd.org/SAICDirections ) from 6-7:30 PM on Thursday, May 3rd.
      Please RSVP to joonspoon@... if you plan to attend so that we
      can have a badge ready for you. If you are not a U.S. citizen, bring
      your passport with you to the meeting.