126013RE: [XP] What is "bad" management?

  • Steve Ropa
    Mar 6, 2007
      Oh, darn. I was just thinking I should create a rule that automatically
      deletes anything that comes in! So close! Oh well.

      Sorting your email as it comes in is an excellent way to triage what is
      important, what can wait, and what just doesn't matter.

      One approach I learned as a stockbroker (albeit with paper instead of email)
      is to automatically sort everything that comes in into its proper folder if
      it has one. Anything left in the inbox can wait until you have taken care
      of all of the sorted mail. Then, once a month, just wholesale delete
      everything in the main inbox. If it wasn't categorizable (not a real word),
      and you hadn't already acted on it, it couldn't have been important anyway.

      Anyway, I can tell that I currently have enough slack, because I can spend
      time arguing the merits of an empty inbox..

      _____