125148Re: [XP] Productivity Metrics

  • Victor
    Feb 1, 2007
      Hi Adrian, and anybody else,

      > To what use would I put my Productivity Index numbers?

      For the purpose of my following discussion, I would say the key word in
      the above statement is "I".

      Sal Bruno is asking a question where the interests of the development
      team and management don't converge. They do not necessarily conflict,
      but they are different. The interests of the XP development team are
      simplicity and all the other XP values.

      Management may have wider horizons, like to have a more detailed
      perspective and evaluation of how the dev team is doing in comparison
      with other teams. I would say that if this is what they are interested
      in, then it's their responsibility to collect the data, and they should
      not burden their developers with this additional responsibility, or if
      they do, it should be with full awareness on how it does affect
      productivity and morale.

      So, answering to Adrian, all depends on which role "I" has.

      One thing that surprises me is that somebody working for a CMMI Level 5
      company writes professional emails under an assumed name. Maybe "Level
      5" is not as bright as the label may suggest?

      Victor

      Adrian Howard wrote:
      > On 1 Feb 2007, at 13:11, Nam Dao Xuan Thien wrote:
      > [snip]
      >> The Productivity Index = [ P – (R – E)] / P x 100 %
      >>
      >> Where P = Planned hours (or BCWS)
      >>
      >> A = Result hours (or BCWP)
      >>
      >> E = Actual hours (or ACWP)
      > [snip]
      >> Again, I welcome your feedback, comments, criticisms, and
      >> recommendations.
      > [snip]
      >
      > To what use would I put my Productivity Index numbers?
      >
      > Adrian

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic