124203Re: [XP] Does C++ unit testing become easier ?

    Dec 2, 2006
      Hello, Steven. On Saturday, December 2, 2006, at 12:29:57 AM, you
      wrote:

      > thank you very much, i begin to understan. but i still want to
      > question: how about working with other members in a team? here, you
      > can image C1, C2, C3 are not simple classses, they are actually
      > subsystem consisting many of classes to do a meanful job. we do a
      > rough front-design and have Tom to implement C1, and Jack to implement
      > C2 which will support the implementation of the C1. you see the
      > problem? if i don't want Tom to wail until Jack checkin a workable
      > version, i guess i will have to use mock, and if i won't, another
      > problem is every Tom's test will bother Jack. am i right? and how you
      > guys cure this kind of problem?

      You have correctly identified that dividing the work between people
      by class doesn't work.

      One good solution is ... don't do that.

      XP has practices like Pair Programming and Team Code Ownership to
      address that ...

      Perhaps this Silver Bullet will tell you who I am ...
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic