124196Re: [XP] Re: You Get What You Tolerate

  • Jay Flowers
    Dec 1, 2006
      On 12/1/06, George Dinwiddie <lists@...> wrote:

      > One of the things that I took away from that was the need to
      > listen--really listen--and understand the other person's perspective.
      > It's part of that "Individuals and Interactions" stuff.

      You are absolutely right George. That is the 5th habit of the 7 habits of
      highly effective people: Seek first to understand...Then to be understood.
      Setting the bar high will only work in conjunction with empathy and a sense
      of team. Neither of which are gained through a command style of
      leadership. At least not that I have read about or seen modeled.

      --
      Jay Flowers