122626Re: [XP] Re: Let's make things worse...

  • Phlip
    Sep 11, 2006
      yahoogroups wrote:

      > >> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/17/AR2006081701485.html
      > >
      > > The news is full of huge projects that failed. Why pick this one?
      >
      > I don't know Isaac's reasons, but what stands out for me
      > is that the report points the finger both at the customer's
      > failure to properly manage the project, and at the contractor's
      > failure to insist on it or to report the dereliction to higher
      > levels in the government.
      >
      > And most failures are reported and then vanish without
      > more than a very small ripple.

      Right; yet another negative endorsement for BRUF, delayed releases,
      and (uh) non-incremental development.

      Curiously, a couple years after that failure, SAIC in San Diego ran
      their first XP project, and it was an unqualified slam-dunk.

      Oh, and the product was a homeland security gadget, too...

      --
      Phlip
      http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand <-- NOT a blog!!