120383Re: [XP] Is there anyone who uses xp methods in embedded applications?

  • James Grenning
    Jun 8, 2006
      Running the tests in the target is really important. Ideally you
      won't find many problems when you get there when you have a host based
      testing practice in place

      In porting CppTestTools to the hitachi SH3 we found that the good old
      c library function strstr does not work the same as the all the other
      strstr implementations. The tests really helped to narrow it down.

      James
      ------------------------
      James W Grenning
      Object Mentor, Inc.
      Gurnee, IL 60031
      www.objectmentor.com
      blog.objectmentor.com
      (847)438-9942

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Russel Hill"
      <russh347@...> wrote:

      > On 6/1/06, William Rutiser <wruyahoo05@...> wrote:

      > work). However, since we had good test coverage (on the dev box), we
      > pretty much knew we were looking for either a compiler or a library
      > bug. If I had to do that over agian, I'd find / make a way for the
      > tests to run against the embedded hardware. I don't think a Fit
      > fixture would be all that hard...

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic