120145Re: [XP] Re: Like Garlic for Vampires

  • Dan Bunea
    Jun 1, 2006
      On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:09:06 +0400, Ron Jeffries
      <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      > Yes ... another thing that happens in "Flow" is that one may be
      > concentrating well, but not being productive. We've all had that
      > sensation of finally giving up on something we've been at for hours,
      > and then realizing the problem before we get halfway home.
      > Flow is good, but it's not everything.

      a great answer, as always. I wonder why people tend to have too simple
      answers, for very complex problems: "if I work/concentrate more, I will be
      more productive" is one of these. Possibly, people see a problem: "I
      didn't finish on time", find the cause: "because there was noise, and I
      couldn't focus", then apply negation and think that they have found the
      solution: "if I focus more I will be more productive". Unfortunately,
      answers about such a complex problem as productivity and efficiency, are
      complex themselves and cannot be simplified beyond a certain limit. After
      all Einstein said that things thoud be made as simple as possible, but not

      Dan Bunea
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic