      From: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Alex Pukinskis
      Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 12:12 PM
      To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [XP] TDD and C++

      On 04 02 2006 7:25 AM, "Dean Wampler" <deanwampler@...> wrote:

      > On a side note, is it necessary to use C++ for this project or perhaps

      > for most of its subsystems?

      I suspect it might not be necessary, but since several of the developers
      regard Java as a "toy" language that's fine for "applications" but not
      for "real programming", I'm not about to start that battle now. C++ is
      currently only used for the realtime portion of the application; the GUI
      portion is being written in .NET, although the team is considering Ruby
      on Rails as a platform-independent alternative.

      -Alex
      --
      Alex Pukinskis - Agile Coach
      Rally Software Development - http://rallydev.com/