118510Re: [XP] Re: TDD and C++

  • David Carlton
    Apr 2, 2006
      On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:17:14 -0400, Jason Almeter <jalmeter_99@...> said:
      > Alex Pukinskis <Alex.Pukinskis@...> writes:

      >> Anyone with some experience doing TDD in C++ willing to talk about their
      >> experiences? Particularly in telecom, networking, or embedded applications?

      > A port of xUnit will be handy. I wrote my own following along with
      > Beck's TDD book.

      Me too.

      The main mistake I made was not initially using RAII to set up and
      tear down tests. Have each test correspond to a class, and set things
      up so the class instance doesn't get constructed until you're about to
      run it and the destructor gets called right after you run it. This
      works a lot better than jUnit-style setUp and tearDown methods.

      David Carlton
      carlton@...
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic