117687Re: [XP] Cool build status lights

  • Jason Nocks
    Mar 2, 2006
      Cool. One of these days I want to try to get a U.S. traffic light from e-bay
      or somewhere. In the meantime, Toys R Us sells a little traffic light for
      about US $10.

      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001X0DTO/103-4787859-1871802?v=glance

      Just a little rewiring inside (hook each light up to its own power cord), a
      couple of X-10 modules and a controller (also very inexpensive), and you are
      in business.

      --
      Cheers,
      Jason Nocks

      Bliki:
      http://wiki.sourcextreme.org/index.php/Bliki:Jason

      On Tuesday 28 February 2006 8:49 am, Chris Smith wrote:
      > I thought I'd share our new build status lights with the group:
      >
      > http://i2.tinypic.com/orii5k.jpg
      >
      > This is a real, four foot high British traffic light, which is hooked
      > up to our build machine. It was a scoop at only £40 from ebay, but I
      > didn't envy my colleague who had to bring it into work on a crowded
      > London train.
      >
      > The build machine also plays sounds when the build status changes:
      >
      > Red: compilation failure; plays a submarine style siren sound
      > Amber: test failure; plays a 'wrong answer' sound from a game show
      > Green: build success; plays a 'Hallelujah!' sound
      >
      > We also have a secret Friday night mode that plays disco music and
      > alternates combinations of lights to the beat, but we haven't shown
      > that to the Customer yet :-)
      >
      > So, do we have the coolest build status lights?
      >
      > Chris
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic