117668Re: [XP] Cool build status lights

    Mar 1, 2006
      On Tuesday, February 28, 2006, at 11:40:55 PM, Ilja Preuss wrote:

      > The sounds? No. In fact we discarded some early sounds that were too subtle.
      > The feedback from the sound really is vital to us. In fact some of us even
      > tend to not hear the red alert anymore when they are involved into pair
      > programming, which isn't ideal.

      The voice that warns pilots of danger is typically that of a woman,
      because it gets their attention.

      Perhaps a voice saying something on the broken build would get
      people's attention.

      "Ilja, you've been a bad boy. Your build is broken! Go to your
      room!"

      It is not the strongest of the species that survive, not the most
      intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. --Charles Darwin
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic