109851Re: [XP] Re: TDD for web applications

  • Sean Gilbertson
    Aug 5, 2005
      I'd never heard of axkit, so I looked it up.

      From the site: " Apache AxKit is an XML Application Server for Apache. It provides on-the-fly conversion from XML to any format, such as HTML, WAP or text using either W3C standard techniques, or flexible custom code. [..] AxKit makes the separation of content and presentation a practical reality. The pipelining technique that AxKit uses allows content to be converted to a presentable format in stages, allowing certain platforms to see data differently to others."

      Now that does sound neat. I checked out some of the "Live Sites," and (using the "Web Developer" Firefox extension) I was able to see how some of the sites actually did have different presentations for screen and "handheld," for example.

      It's alluring to think that I can actually separate data from presentation whilst keeping both flexible. Does anyone have any comments?

      --
      Sean Gilbertson
      IT Systems/Software Developer