109849RE: [XP] Re: TDD for web applications

  • David Roberts
    Aug 5, 2005
      William,

      I've seen it _not_ work well.

      > > "simply" XML, then "all you need to do" is use XSLT to make HTML
      from

      The "all you need to do" part is write high maintenance code in a
      functional tag language which can take far longer than just using
      traditional techniques.

      David Roberts
      InnovaSystems Intl
      (619) 955-5864

      Pietri
      > Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 8:51 AM
      > To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [XP] Re: TDD for web applications
      >
      > Hi, Carlton! I'm no picking on you here; this is a sincere question
      for
      > the crowd:
      >
      > On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 15:33 +0000, banshee858 wrote:
      > > I am not doing the suggested solution any justice since I am working
      > > off of two-year-old and I don't have that book in my office. I
      > > believe the the XML is the interface in which the programmers
      > > communicate with the "creative" people. If an entire webpage is
      > > "simply" XML, then "all you need to do" is use XSLT to make HTML
      from
      > it.
      >

      > Has anybody seen this work well in practice?
      >
      > William
      >
      > --
      > William Pietri <william@...>

      > Yahoo! Groups Links