108980RE: [XP] Re: Running Tested Features

  • Ilja Preuss
    Jul 19, 2005
      >> They are available at SF, currently only in CVS:
      >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/jfcfixtures
      >
      > Will there be a pointer to them at FitNesse (contributed fixtures) at
      > some point?

      Added it to http://fitnesse.org/UsefulFixtures - though there might be some
      disagreement about the "useful" part... ;)

      > However, this isn't what I was talking about. Most capture
      > and replay tools work at the OS (or windowing system)
      > level, bypassing the toolkit entirely. Some do both.
      > Leveraging jfcUnit is a real good thing to do, but it
      > limits the tool to Java Swing applications (granted, there
      > are a lot of them out there.) Hitting the window manager
      > would take a completely different slice through the
      > application space. It would also be able to be
      > ported cross-language.

      I see.

      One thing I see as an advantage of JfcFixtures is that they don't use screen
      coordinates, but widget names to reference, well, the widgets. Of course
      that also means that you have to touch the source code (to add "setName"
      method calls), but it makes the tests much less brittle.

      > I did some quick checks on Google, but wasn't able
      > to find an exploitable library for Windows (or any other
      > system, for that matter). That probably shows that I didn't know the
      > right search terms!

      Or that there isn't one publicly available...

      Cheers, Ilja
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic