108715Re: [XP] Running Tested Features

    Jul 14, 2005
      On Monday, July 11, 2005, at 12:55:40 PM, PierG wrote:

      > I've just (re-)read the beautiful article by Ron Jeffries 'A Metric
      > Leading to Agility'
      > (<http://www.xprogramming.com/xpmag/jatRtsMetric.htm>).
      > I love this article: please read it if you don't know it.

      Thanks for the kind words ...

      > But ... as early adopters of agile methodologies, I have some
      > questions.
      > Let's talk about real life: a real example. Let's suppouse that you
      > have to add a 'Save as' feature to your word processor.
      > Here are some questions:
      > . how do you define this feature?

      "Tell me what you want this feature to do ..."
      "Is it just like 'Save As' in, for example, Word?"

      > . how do you 'specify' the acceptance test?

      Might write a GUI-driving test.
      Might just test it manually.
      Might test the "SaveAs" method with an automated test.
      Create a buffer with "abc" in it.
      SaveAs "foo.text"
      Check to see if foo.txt has "abc" in it.
      Change buffer to abcdef"
      SaveAs "bar.txt"
      Check to see if foo.txt has "abc" in it.
      Check to see if bar.txt has "abcdef" in it.

      > . tools to use in .Net environment?

      NUnit. Fit/FitNesse.

      Agility might be said to be about encountering
      all the problems so early and so often that the
      effort to fix them is less than the pain of enduring them.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic