102169BayXP meeting tomorrow night

  • Keith Ray
    Jan 18, 2005
      BayXP is the San Francisco bay area extreme programming users group. We
      meet on the 3rd Wednesday of every month to discuss various issues
      surrounding XP. Meetings are free, and open to anyone interested in XP.
      We also welcome people interested in other agile methodologies, such as
      Scrum, Crystal, DSDM, and FDD.

      Next meeting Wednesday, January 19th, 2004

      Topic: XP at Hewlett-Packard
      Speaker: Vandana Shah
      Time: Doors open at 7:00 PM. The meeting will start at 7:30 sharp.
      Location:

      Offices of Electronics For Imaging, Inc.
      303 Velocity Way
      Foster City CA 94404

      Badging is required, so please try to arrive early.

      Thanks to Wolfram Arnold and Keith Ray of EFI for hosting.

      Abstract:

      Vandana Shah, a Project Lead at Hewlett-Packard, will be presenting
      experiences using Agile Processes in developing internal software
      projects of significant complexity.

      "I have been developing software for last 7+ years. I started
      practicing Extreme Programming since last 2-1/2 years. Projects that
      were not successful using standard waterfall methods, had a great
      success when practiced again using XP. In the process we have learned
      what works, and how to apply it with great efficiency.

      "We would like to share our experience in the practice of agile
      development and how it can improve any development efforts. We will
      demonstrate a template of the process that worked for us and present
      best practices and tools."

      Mailing List

      To join the BayXP mailing list, send a blank email to
      bayxp-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or go to

      The BayXP home page <http://www.jera.com/bayxp/>
      is provided as a community service by Jera Design.

      --
      C. Keith Ray