100150Re: [XP] [OT] Delegation and YAGNI! And XML xref

  • Jeff Grigg
    Dec 1, 2004
      --- Steven Gordon <sagordon@a...> wrote:
      > [...] It does not feel like OnceAndOnlyOnce when I have
      > to keep the database, code, and XML descriptors in synch.
      > Of course, an Eclipse Plugin with XDOCLET-like functionality
      > could automate a lot of the synchronization issues away.

      And so would a good naming standard. With appropriate automation.

      Suppose the Customer class was stored in the CUSTOMER table, and the
      Employee class in the EMPLOYEE table. Why is the source of this
      cross-reference data an XML file, rather than a general rule?

      Same for columns: Suppose the 'firstName' attribute is stored in
      the 'FIRST_NAME' column. If you had naming standards and rules,
      you'd hardly need a cross-reference file.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic