100133RE: [XP] [OT] Delegation and YAGNI!

  • Ramon Leon
    Dec 1, 2004
      YouArentGonnaNeedIt is only one of many principles, you have to balance
      it with the others. OnceAndOnlyOnce and DoSimpleThings will lead you to
      making sure each class only has one responsibility, and you are gonna
      need that. YouArentGonnaNeedIt is not a justification to violate basic
      good OO principles like SingleResponsibilityPrinciple. In the java
      community, I'm pretty sure most people just use existing open source
      object mapping layers, in the .NET world, most are still hacking up
      their own private implementation because there isn't any really
      outstanding open source implementations yet.

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic