RE: [extremeperl] Online Book, Ch 10: nonfunctional link

  • Richard Heintze
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 7, 2004
      Somehow I missed the beginning of this discussion.
      Where are the archives of this mailing list where I
      can get the URL of this online book. Does the file
      extension "el" refer to emacs lisp?
      Thanks
      Siegfried
      --- Rob Nagler <nagler@...> wrote:
      > Greg Compestine writes:
      > > This is a timely post. I was on the verge of
      > sending out the very same
      > > query. I have two questions:
      > >
      > > 1. Which versions of cperl has b-perl.el been
      > tested against?
      >
      > 4.19 is what we're using. I think the compatibility
      > problems are
      > related to some of the indenting "fixes" we put in.
      > The refactoring
      > functions probably will work with any version as
      > they are not related
      > to any cperl specifics except the cperl-mode-map.
      >
      > > 2. How do I reference b-perl.el in my .emacs file?
      >
      > (require 'b-perl)
      >
      > BTW, I mentioned the wrong chapter number in my last
      > message (not even
      > realizing the subject was about Chapter 10 :-).
      > It's the Continuous
      > Design chapter, not Chapter 10 Coding Style, which
      > will be out soon.
      >
      > Rob

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/
    • Norbert Gruener
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 7, 2004
        Hi Rob,

        On Mon, Jun 07 2004, Rob Nagler wrote:
        > Norbert Gruener writes:
        > > I am working through your online book and I am quite impressed :-))
        >
        > Thanks. BTW, I didn't ignore your post for a PDF. It's still in my
        > inbox. :-) Seriously, we just started working on converting the book
        > to PDF.

        thank you. I didn't think that my post was ignored. I just wanted to
        state that there is some demand for a PDF version too or at least a
        "one file" HTML version. But I did not expect that such a beast would
        show up a few of days later.

        > > Since I am using Emacs I would be very interested in seeing those
        > > mentioned "refactoring functions".

        > We'll add it to the Bivio-bOP release, too. Be warned that all
        > features in b-perl.el might not work with every version of cperl.

        Thank you for providing that URL. I have picked it up and I will give
        it a try.

        Cheers,

        Norbert
        --
        Ceterum censeo | PGP encrypted mail preferred.
        Redmond esse delendam. | PGP Key at www.MPA-Garching.MPG.de/~nog/
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 7, 2004
          Hi Siegfried,

          On Tue, Jun 08 2004, Richard Heintze wrote:
          > Somehow I missed the beginning of this discussion.
          > Where are the archives of this mailing list where I

          the archive can be found at

          Look for "Search Archive" :-)))

          > can get the URL of this online book.

          You can find the "online book" at