Re: [extremeperl] Software for Using two computers for Pair Programming

    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2004
      On 5 May 2004, at 22:37, Richard Heintze wrote:

      > We are finding my desk a bit cramped and were
      > wondering if there was any software for pair
      > programming that would allow two different computers
      > to simultaneously edit the same file simultaneously so
      > that both individuals can see the other's changes
      > realtime.
      [snip]

      I just use VNC myself. Works fine as long as you invent some cues for
      who's driving.

      If you're both on Mac OS X I'd also have a play with SubEthaEdit
      <http://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/>.

      Adrian
    • Matthew Albright
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2004
        Don't forget the old standard, vim and screen. A couple guys here paired
        over the phone while both working from their houses using vim and
        screen...

        matt