Re: [extremeperl] Introduction...

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 30, 2004
      Since everybody else is doing introductions...

      Programming since 81. Been paid for it since 86. First used Perl in 96.
      Started along the agile/XP route around 2000/1. Joined the extremeperl
      list (quick grep of the mbox) sometime in 2002. Have mostly lurked (not
      that there has been a lot to lurk around.)

      Not had a chance to more than skim a couple of chapters of Rob's book
      (this annoying "work" thing keeps getting in the way), but what I have
      seen looks jolly good.

      Been a contractor / consultant type since 1999 so I don't have my own
      little XP team to play with (sigh), but all my clients get the spiel
      and a few XP practices thrown in for good measure!

      I'm of the opinion that XP and Perl are an excellent fit. The XP
      practices stop the creation of golf/line-noise code, allowing its nice
      features to shine through.

      Oh yes, I wrote Test:Class for any xUnit fans out there.

    • norbertgruener
      Message 2 of 16 , May 18, 2004
        Hi Rob,

        --- In extremeperl@yahoogroups.com, Rob Nagler <nagler@b...> wrote:
        > Karl Scotland writes:
        >
        > > One thing I wondered was
        > > whether it might be easier to review as a pdf - or is that just me
        > > being too lazy to print out all the chapters separately?
        >
        > I had it as a PDF, but that stopped working. I was using Stas
        > Bekman's DocSet, and for some reason that broke, and I was too
        > busy to fix it. Alternatively, I could probably make the book
        > a single HTML page fairly easily. Would that work for you?

        getting a single HTML page would be a real relief.

        --Norbert