Request for Experiences

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2003
      [Note: this is a slightly different message from my mod_perl post, so
      skip to the end if you've read that one and want to hear a bit about
      the book status. -- Rob]

      I'm looking for stories, anecdotes, comparisons, etc. from people who
      are using extreme programming using Perl. Even if you are using only
      some of the practices, such as, testing, coding, and refactoring, your
      input will be useful. The good, the bad, the ugly. Anything that is
      about a real XP experience using Perl in real-world situations. I
      would especially like to hear about large application development in a
      commercial environment.

      The stories are for my book: Extreme Programming with Perl. If you
      want to keep your name and company anonymous, please let me know. If
      I decide to include your story, you'll get to review the text before
      I submit it to my editor.

      Feel free to reply to this list. Or, you can send it directly to me
      (nagler) at bivio.biz, and I'll keep it confidential.

      For the curious, the book has been through technical review, and I'm
      integrating the changes. This is the same book that I mentioned a
      while ago on this list. The technical review brought up a couple of
      critical points that meant some major refactorings. :) The idea for
      the anecdotal experience came from reading Refactoring Extreme
      Programming: The Case Against XP.