Re: IO::Socket:INET Client problem

  • diarmuid_obriain <diarmuid_obriain@3com.
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 23, 2002
      Rob,

      Thanks,

      I tried this but it still doesn't work.

      Diarmuid
    • Tom Brown
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 23, 2002
        I think Rob's answer was backwards... e.g. the read side of things, not
        the write (print) side of things, but it isn't very clear where
        the problem lies. His answer is quite correct <> isn't the normal
        way to grab data from a socket... it is meant for line oriented
        input...

        I think you're just looking for

        my $old = select $socket;
        $| = 1;
        select $old;

        which changes the filehandle to no longer be buffered. You may
        need to run it for STDOUT too.

        -Tom