Re: [extremeperl] Stiffling Innovation

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 17, 2006
      On 17 Jul 2006, at 05:27, Chris wrote:
      [snip]
      > On making mistakes: I find private mistakes are always easier to
      > confront than public mistakes.
      >
      > This suggests to me that pair-programming will suppress some
      > innovation as the activity is necessarily 'public' and risk-taking
      > (for example, playing with design and algorithm alternatives) will be
      > constrained.

      I've found the opposite to be true. You have more than one person
      coming up with ideas :-)

      Adrian
    • Matisse Enzer
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 21, 2007
        Anyone else running Perl under CruiseControl?

        I wrote an experimental script to produce the XML output that
        CruiseControl knows how to handle - my toy script uses
        Test::Harness::Straps and XML::Generator to run perl test files and
        get the sort of XML created by the <junit> ant task.

        There's a copy of the script at:

        http://twoalpha.blogspot.com/2007/01/junit-style-xml-from-perl-test-
        files.html

        Matisse Enzer <matisse@...>
        http://www.matisse.net/ - http://www.eigenstate.net/
      • Damian Bradford
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 22, 2007
          Nope, but it was something I was interested in, I'll try to find time to
          take a look at your script. Otherwise, please post your findings, I would be
          very interested to hear your experience.
          Regards,
          Damian

          http://www.msn.txt4content.com/