Re: [extremeperl] Test Management

  • Luke Closs
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 21, 2006
      On 21-Apr-06, at 1:29 PM, Greg C wrote:
      > So has anyone had a good experience with a commercial test management
      > system and Agile development?

      I've tried out two test case management systems recently for our
      agile/xp team:

      - TestRun (http://testrun.majordojo.com/)
      OK, nice clean app, relatively simple. Hosted or you-host. Not very
      full featured.

      - TestLink (http://testlink.sourceforge.net/)
      Less clean but more full featured app. GPL, written in PHP. I've
      hacked it a bit, but our team is using it for a full release cycle.
      Works fairly OK. It fits our process more than TestRun did.

      HTH,
      Luke
    • Greg C
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 23, 2006
        Hi Luke,

        Thanks for the sites. I'll take a look at them.

        Greg C

        --- Luke Closs <lukec@...> wrote:

        > I've tried out two test case management systems recently for our
        > agile/xp team:
        >
        > - TestRun (http://testrun.majordojo.com/)
        > OK, nice clean app, relatively simple. Hosted or you-host. Not very
        > full featured.
        >
        > - TestLink (http://testlink.sourceforge.net/)
        > Less clean but more full featured app. GPL, written in PHP. I've
        > hacked it a bit, but our team is using it for a full release cycle.
        > Works fairly OK. It fits our process more than TestRun did.
        >
        > HTH,
        > Luke
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Matisse Enzer
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2006
          The position is onsite, in San Francisco, in a group that does
          Messaging at Barclays Global Investors, and reports to Myra Moore who
          is also the contact person: <Myra.Moore@...>

          The essential elements of the position and its major responsibilities
          are:

          Development of messaging services for BGI Technology teams, including :
          - Message format translations
          - Message enrichment
          - Message delivery (routing)
          - Provide production support for the US region
          - Handle routing and translation requests that are the run-of-the-
          mill requests.

          Requirements:
          -------------
          - Strong OO Perl Development Skills.
          - Working knowledge of XSL .
          - Proven ability to work with end-users.
          - Good presentation skills.
          - Experience with processing XML documents.
          - Working knowledge of Java
          - Exposure to the Financial Services Industry preferred.
          - Ability to work in both a team and one person project based setting.
          - Knowledge of Financial Industry Standards a plus – e.g. SWIFT,
          FPML, FIX, etc.

          The most important requirements are are OO Perl, and XSL/XML. Java
          is also required, but it is not as important as the other two.

          This is a 5 month contract position with a possibility of turning to
          a FTE in 2007, assuming everything works out and the group gets
          approval for the additional head-count.