Re: [extremeperl] Wiki features

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21 3:27 PM
      mah@... writes:
      > SVN uses WebDAV. Wouldn't that be a natural solution? If you were to
      > use SVK-over-SVN, you could keep a local repository that could be
      > merged with the global one at any time.

      The fact that Subversion supports DAV is a red herring, since the
      original question was about disconnected use. When you reconnect, it
      is to a remote wiki. The question then is: what version management
      system should the wiki support for users who want disconnected use?

      You can't use Subversion directly unless you teach the Wiki server to
      talk to Subversion to get the files. The fact that it runs DAV only
      means that it could use DAV to talk to Subversion, not that it would
      help the user any. Since bOP exports all files for a forum via DAV,
      the Wiki is nothing special. You can use local Subversion or CVS on
      top of the Wiki, just as long as everybody in the forum agrees what is
      the right thing to use. You would still need to teach the Wiki to do
      a checkout on the server. Ideally, this wouldn't involve a remote
      call, since you'd have to do this for every read. With CVS (and I
      assume local Subversion), you could just check the CVS file to see if
      it was modified.