Re: [extremeperl] Moderating new members

  • Luke Closs
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21, 2006
      On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 10:22:55AM -0700, Rob Nagler wrote:
      > I've turned on "new member moderation" to increase the signal to noise
      > ratio. Please don't mail the list about spam problems. I'm very
      > aware of the problem, and I've been banning authors as soon as they
      > come up.

      Thanks.... :)

      I sent an unsubscribe message the other day, fed up with the lack of
      extreme perliness. Then there was the IDE thread that saved the day
      and I didn't confirm the unsubscribe... :)

      Luke

      --
      Luke Closs
      PureMessage Developer
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 21, 2006
        if($word=~/ant+/)
        {
        print "matched";
        }
        else
        {
        print " not matched";
        }
        print "\n";
        what is the output of this code:

        plz explain me
        i m trying to write regular expression for palindrome checking,upper case nd lower case conversion .
        for upper case and lower case upper cases and lower cases in word are chnaged to upper case and lower case respecdtively.
        eg:sENTHIL ..this is going to be expected as Senthil
        output:Senthil
        another one doubt is how to get ascii value of the numbers and the alphabets..
        $love="senthil kumar";
        $love=~tr/senthil/kumar/;
        print $love;
        print "\n";
        output is
        kumarrr kumar.can we get ouput using tr.we can get using substtuition.
        because senthil has 7 letters in itbut replacing kumar has 5 letters in it. so r is placed three times.
        but i want the word kumar kumar
        plz help me
        bye
        take care
        senthil

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22, 2006
          senthil kumar wrote:

          [ snip ]

          > plz help me

          Senthil,

          This mailing list is for the discussion of Extreme Programming practices
          as they relate to Perl. It is not a place to get general Perl help.

          You'd be better off asking your question on Perl Monks
          (http://perlmonks.org/) or on one of the Learn Perl mailing lists
          (http://learn.perl.org/).

          Cheers,

          Dave...