Moderating new members

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21 9:22 AM
      I've turned on "new member moderation" to increase the signal to noise
      ratio. Please don't mail the list about spam problems. I'm very
      aware of the problem, and I've been banning authors as soon as they
      come up.

      Rob
    • Luke Closs
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 21 10:26 AM
        On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 10:22:55AM -0700, Rob Nagler wrote:
        > I've turned on "new member moderation" to increase the signal to noise
        > ratio. Please don't mail the list about spam problems. I'm very
        > aware of the problem, and I've been banning authors as soon as they
        > come up.

        Thanks.... :)

        I sent an unsubscribe message the other day, fed up with the lack of
        extreme perliness. Then there was the IDE thread that saved the day
        and I didn't confirm the unsubscribe... :)

        Luke

        --
        Luke Closs
        PureMessage Developer
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 21 11:14 PM
          if($word=~/ant+/)
          {
          print "matched";
          }
          else
          {
          print " not matched";
          }
          print "\n";
          what is the output of this code:

          plz explain me
          i m trying to write regular expression for palindrome checking,upper case nd lower case conversion .
          for upper case and lower case upper cases and lower cases in word are chnaged to upper case and lower case respecdtively.
          eg:sENTHIL ..this is going to be expected as Senthil
          output:Senthil
          another one doubt is how to get ascii value of the numbers and the alphabets..
          $love="senthil kumar";
          $love=~tr/senthil/kumar/;
          print $love;
          print "\n";
          output is
          kumarrr kumar.can we get ouput using tr.we can get using substtuition.
          because senthil has 7 letters in itbut replacing kumar has 5 letters in it. so r is placed three times.
          but i want the word kumar kumar
          plz help me
          bye
          take care
          senthil

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 22 12:57 AM
            senthil kumar wrote:

            [ snip ]

            > plz help me

            Senthil,

            This mailing list is for the discussion of Extreme Programming practices
            as they relate to Perl. It is not a place to get general Perl help.

            You'd be better off asking your question on Perl Monks
            (http://perlmonks.org/) or on one of the Learn Perl mailing lists
            (http://learn.perl.org/).

            Cheers,

            Dave...