Re: Perl IDE Demonstration and Comparison

  • James Keenan
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 19, 2006
      On Feb 19, 2006, at 5:48 AM, extremeperl@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:33:49 -0800
      > From: Matisse Enzer <matisse@...>
      > Subject: Perl IDE Demonstration and Comparison - Feb 28, 2006, San
      > Francisco
      >
      > The San Francisco Perl Mongers are sponsoring a demo of three Perl
      > IDE's on Tuesday, February 28, 2006:
      >
      > http://twoalpha.blogspot.com/2006/02/perl-ide-demonstration-and-
      > comparison.html
      > (has links to location map etc.)
      >
      > * Emacs - Joe Brenner will show Emacs with perlnow.el.
      > * EPIC/Eclipse - I'll be doing this demo. (See my article on why
      > Perl Needs Better Tools)
      > * Komodo - Josh Berkus is showing ActiveState's Komodo (works
      > Linux, OS X and Windows)

      I hope this demo "hits the road." It would make an excellent workshop
      for YAPC in Chicago in June.

      Jim Keenan
    • Alex Viggio
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 19, 2006
        Any plan to video capture the meeting, or will you be posting slides or
        summary notes?

        Does anyone on this list have experience with perlnow.el?

        Thanks,
        - Alex

        James Keenan wrote:
        > On Feb 19, 2006, at 5:48 AM, extremeperl@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        >
        >> Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:33:49 -0800
        >> From: Matisse Enzer <matisse@...>
        >> Subject: Perl IDE Demonstration and Comparison - Feb 28, 2006, San
        >> Francisco
        >>
        >> The San Francisco Perl Mongers are sponsoring a demo of three Perl
        >> IDE's on Tuesday, February 28, 2006:
        >>
        >> http://twoalpha.blogspot.com/2006/02/perl-ide-demonstration-and-
        >> comparison.html
        >> (has links to location map etc.)
        >>
        >> * Emacs - Joe Brenner will show Emacs with perlnow.el.
        >> * EPIC/Eclipse - I'll be doing this demo. (See my article on why
        >> Perl Needs Better Tools)
        >> * Komodo - Josh Berkus is showing ActiveState's Komodo (works
        >> Linux, OS X and Windows)
        >>

        > I hope this demo "hits the road." It would make an excellent workshop
        > for YAPC in Chicago in June.
        >
        > Jim Keenan
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Matisse Enzer
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 20, 2006
          On Feb 19, 2006, at 4:49 PM, Alex Viggio wrote:

          > Any plan to video capture the meeting, or will you be posting
          > slides or
          > summary notes?

          I don't know of any plans for video - I certainly don't mind if
          someone does record it.

          As for notes, if I end up having any real notes :-) I will post them at
          http://eigenstate.net/epic_demo/ but no promises :-)

          Matisse Enzer <matisse@...>
          http://www.matisse.net/ - http://www.eigenstate.net/
        • Alex Viggio
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 20, 2006
            Thanks. If you are ever in the Boulder/Denver area, let us know.

            - Alex