Re: [extremeperl] Practial Issues with the Extremeperl practices

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2005
      On 12/8/05, perlpons <perlpons@...> wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > Could you please give me some idea on what are all the practical
      > issues/points to be addressed before developing the project on XP
      > compared to the traditonal plan driven project management.

      Client buy-in. XP requires a lot of work from the client's end. It's
      not enough for the client to say "Build this" and wait 6 months. The
      client is going to be involved on a weekly, if not daily, basis.

      Also, the client is going to have to understand that the first version
      they're going to be seeing is NOT going to be feature-complete. In
      fact, it will probably have bugs, too. They will be expected to help
      figure out minor details, too. This may seem burdensome to many
      clients.