Practial Issues with the Extremeperl practices

  • perlpons
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2005
      Hi All,

      Could you please give me some idea on what are all the practical
      issues/points to be addressed before developing the project on XP
      compared to the traditonal plan driven project management.

      Could you please help me on this,
      Pons.
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2005
        On 12/8/05, perlpons <perlpons@...> wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > Could you please give me some idea on what are all the practical
        > issues/points to be addressed before developing the project on XP
        > compared to the traditonal plan driven project management.

        Client buy-in. XP requires a lot of work from the client's end. It's
        not enough for the client to say "Build this" and wait 6 months. The
        client is going to be involved on a weekly, if not daily, basis.

        Also, the client is going to have to understand that the first version
        they're going to be seeing is NOT going to be feature-complete. In
        fact, it will probably have bugs, too. They will be expected to help
        figure out minor details, too. This may seem burdensome to many
        clients.