Re: [extremeperl] my subscription - why

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2005
      > We started doing standups to help with integration. We tend to work
      > on individual projects. This causes fragmentation, and we weren't
      > helping each other enough to stay motivated. The standups died out a
      > few weeks ago, because I think we all are now more clearly motivated.
      > Not sure.
      >
      > We pair program at about the same level we did when I wrote the book.
      > It's often used for training purposes or to solve hard problems.

      One thing we're starting to find useful is to write at least half of
      each other's unit tests. For one thing, your API has to pass someone
      else's eyes. This helps both in terms of design review as well as test
      coverage. The second benefit we're discovering is reduced mental
      fatigue. You're still doing the same amount of work, but you're
      fresher because you've had a break from your project to work on
      someone else's.

      We've only done it on one project so far (Perl6::Roles), but I think
      we're going to do it a lot more now that we've found we liked it.